Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 71: SUMMER approaches and I'm already feeling smarter!

I'm becoming slightly obsessed with how to keep my good habits post-PCP. Which coincides directly with taking a long 2.5-week trip away from the good habits of home, on the day after finishing the program!

I'll have a mini-trial this weekend as I go solo to a workshop in Switzerland, a land of deliciously rich cheese and unweighable buffet breakfasts. I'm hoping I can jump in my hotel room without a riot from fellow hotel-dwellers. Has anybody tried this? Otherwise I'm bringing my running shoes and there seems to be a lovely river nearby.

Perhaps this planning for the future, rather than the right now, is my way of coping with the current multiple reps, groaning through sets, cursing at my resistance band stage. I am pushing through and doing all my sets... but I'm upset that failure still feels like failure to me. If I can do 30 Davincis on the first set and then only 13 on the last one, how is that not a shortcoming? An actual failure on my part?
I've lost 7.5 kilos now and I am comfortably at a weight that I last saw probably 14 years ago. This also means my formerly too-tight pants are too big for me now, too. Even some of my skirts fall down. Bizarre. I think I'll work on learning how to do alterations over my summer vacation. Here's to summer, one-half day of school away, and counting!

6 comments:

  1. Well, if it makes you feel better, I can do 13 Davincis on the first set and like 5 on the 3rd set, with the easiest resistance band they sell. So, you must have at least come a LONG way. That can't be failure! I'd say that's some serious success. I honestly can't imagine a day when I'll be able to do 30 Davincis in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Failure is always a win in PCP land! And the proof is in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, 30 Davincis!!!?!?? HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the word "failure" has to be redefined here. "PCP Failure" doesn't mean "you suck," it means, "you did the absolute maximum possible." And who cares how many that is? If the important thing is getting those muscles to that absolute burn point.

    Good luck with your weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 30 Davincis is HEROIC. I am impressed you can even do the remaining sets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn, if ren thinks 30 davincis is heroic, that means you're really badass.

    ReplyDelete