Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 60: Logistics, Milestones, and Making it Work!

Congrats to all my Running Rats!
60 days down and we're looking good!

It's been a busy week, so I've been thinking about blogging, but not getting to it.
Just celebrated my 10-year anniversary, 33 years of me (tomorrow) and my 60th day of PCP!

A spontaneous trip to nearby Coburg and their all-night weekend flohmarkt (garage sale/flea
market that takes over the entire center of the city) was the way to celebrate.

It was a bit of a disaster food-wise, as my spontaneous planning did not involve bring hard-boiled eggs with me or remembering my food chart. But after 60 days, I've learned that sometimes you just have to accept that life isn't always lived precisely within guidelines, and although you ordered the wrong soup, because it has cream... everything will be okay.
The first look at the castle... far, far away

I substituted jumping today for a serious hike up the town's hill to visit the castle. The problem was starting on the adjoining hill and seeing the castle and then realizing one must first walk down a valley and then up the real hill that the castle was on to get there. I rediscovered my butt muscles.
Taking the stairs to the top, shorter, but harder!

The view from the top

Leaving with smaller pants, and wearing an emergency belt purchase: clothes to fit my new body!

Tomorrow is my birthday and so in following German tradition, I must bring in treats! This was a bit tricky, since baking usually involves sugar and salt and cream and other taboo food bits. I compromised with a zucchini basil muffin recipe. Savory, not sweet. Minimal sugar (less than 1/4 cup in 20 muffins) and salt (a generous pinch), as I'm a little superstitious about what will or won't happen with the baking chemistry if I leave these things out.

As I close, I'm watching the Germany vs. Australia World Cup game. Those damn horns make it sound like I'm surrounded by a swarm of bees and people set off fireworks whenever Germany scores. It's freaking out the cats!

I'll just imagine the bees are rooting for us all in the next 30 days. Go Team Running Rats!

2 comments:

  1. The bone structure is really coming out in your face. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE work--how do the new clothes feel?!

    ReplyDelete