Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 64: The Importance of Being Regularly Fed

I almost lost it today on the pistol squats.
I was five seconds away from turning into a pool of tears and muscley mush on the floor.

drawing by Dane

This is how we would look without any bones in our body. We would be a blob and we could not stand.

(I love the internet for pictures like this!!!)

I couldn't get up from the squats starting in the third set and kept pushing through the fourth. I gave up the fifth altogether... because I realized I would either disintegrate into tears or move on to the next exercise and be able to finish my workout.

I moved on. Then realized that the reason I probably fell apart was because I put off my afternoon snack until 7:30pm. If I going to stay at school for 12 hours, I've got to pack some more meals!

I'm with Todd and Mikhael on this week's workout... still tough, still a challenge, even after nine weeks of 'getting used' to these workouts. I'm still hoping I can be strong enough to get through these next few weeks. Still carrying the pig!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, hit those grams they're all there for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not all bad to be in a pile of fatigue on the floor. I just looked over your pictures. You are making great progress. Good for you

    Go Team Go

    Watson

    ReplyDelete