Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 39: Long Live the Juicer!

It seemed a bit of a splurge...
but it is so AWESOME!

My afternoon snack of fruit and yogurt was made even better by having freshly juiced apple and blueberries to mix with the yogurt for a crazy creamy tart smoothie. So, so yum.

Also good for an evening vegetable snack: carrot, radish, spinach juice anyone? The carrots make everything taste a little sweeter.

Yay for home juicing!

Now I'm off to what will be a real challenge to my PCP state of mind.
I'm still somewhere between the white and blue belt stages when it comes to not snacking (see Patrick's blog for more details): http://pcpupdate.blogspot.com/2009/08/3-techniques-to-disarm-mallory-eating.html

But today I'm headed off to the Berg, a definite black belt encounter.
The town I live in is known for three things: being the epicenter of engineering/medical technology/electronics giant Siemens, the home of the Erlangen-Nürnberg University and the 3rd largest Beer fest in all of Germany (after Munich and Stuttgart, towns that eclipse the population of wee Erlangen 6-13 times over). It is definitely an event that I shouldn't miss. Except that I'm not drinking.


which makes me feel a little like this:


To be fair, there are many other excellent times for drinking outdoors in Germany, so really I can tough out the next 51 days (who's counting?) and delight in my new muscle tone instead. But they'll have those really salty big-as-your-head pretzels too. And probably grilled whole fish.

Good thing the Bergkirchweih is only two weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, except we got the cheap 45 euro version at Aldi, which is, strangely what Trader Joe's is modeled after, except Aldi is distinctly working-class and Trader Joe's is distinctly not. That said, cheapo juicer is rocking the juices rather faithfully, so we can't complain yet. =)

    ReplyDelete