Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 26: Completely Manic Mondays

6am wake up, decide not to workout
7am finish breakfast & leave for work
teach until 1:15
1:30 arrive back home, get suited up
Do my PCP workout!!!
3:00 shower and return to school (clean, but still sweating)
4-5 tutoring
5:10 snarf pre-packed dinner
5:30-7:30 go to German class (forgetting registration info, book and room number)
7:45 go to Capoeira
9:45 leave Capoeira
10:30 post on blog

Mondays are going to kill me.

I still can't do the pull-ups. I get in position and the exhale and constrict every muscle I can think of and nothing happens. I don't move. Totally frustrating.

The push-ups are okay, but I know I'm not getting down as far as I should be (i.e. as Patrick is in the pictures).

The creep makes me think I am going to bust something in my knees.

Hopefully Tuesday will be better.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very busy Monday! Good luck with those. I honestly haven't tried a real pullup yet, but I'm betting I'll have the same issue when I get around to it. I'm definitely the same way with the pushups. I get myself down to the ground, then push up with all my might and don't move an inch.

    Ah well. Go Team Running Rats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging from a pull-up bar going nowhere doesn't change, even on day 72! It's the TRYING and FAILING that counts though. Remember that: successfully and easily doing the exercise doesn't do anything for you. Struggling and feeling the burn and failing is what works. So: Pull, kick your feet, breathe deep and struggle and fight and try try TRY until you can't move and your arms and shoulders are on FIRE! Then you've really done something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep coming back to them.

    It took me 6 months to do my first pull up.

    SIX MONTHS!

    ReplyDelete