Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 90: Part B, Post-Workout, in the Midst of Leaving the Country Craziness!

It's been a whirlwind today.

First the workout. I chose Day 9 because I wanted something with lunges (formerly my archnemesis) and leg-ups. The first time I did the lunges I didn't believe Patrick's 'no rest between sets' because I absolutely HAD to walk around and stretch my thighs before putting my poor legs through another set. I wanted to see if it still felt like this 81 days later.
I still felt the burn, but I didn't think at any point that I wouldn't make it through, as I had so many times in the midst of a workout. The leg-ups also gave a bit of a burn. I take this as my abs and legs still needing a little attention and some more pushing. No biggie.
Everything else was cake.
I finished the whole thing in 20 minutes, with the 600 jumps.
Post-workout I had the snack that I wanted... fruit and an egg white!

Well, I also had an iced espresso WITH MILK which I've been craving ever since it got hot. One of these a day (with the morning milk allotment) was simply not enough.

The celebratory lunch was at the neighborhood Italian joint. Delicious shrimp with linguine and a salad with orange slices and (formerly forbidden) walnuts. And a glass of white wine. Which just makes me sleepy and feel crazy. Followed by marscapone with fruit and an espresso.
Delicious, but my stomach was churning from the buttery shrimp preparation all afternoon.

I'm feeling accomplished, a little frazzled, definitely not ready to say sayonara yet. Deep-ish thoughts yet to come... when I'm not in the midst of packing, trying to remember my American bank PIN and other important details!

But a big CONGRATULATIONS to my Running Rats crew. It would be lovely to meet you all in person and tell you I think you're awesome. In lieu... well, I just said it.

9 comments:

  1. I still can't believe y'all are done. Team SEXAAY is at the point you were at when we started Day 1! Unbelievable! Enjoy the States, lady! Have fun, relax, you've earned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jennifer! You've worked so hard and your pictures definitely tell that story. And I love reading your blog - will miss that! Have a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo! You did so well and accomplished so much. Congratulations. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! You made it! (And your pics are HAWWTTT!) Muscles well earned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Welcome to the completed club. You look fantastic. I love the celebratory cat pose. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Parabens! You look amazing, and I have loved following your progress. It's kept me going and helped me make more healthy decisions post PCP.

    I hope we will get to see you in BK? BTW, this is Poca/Shivani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! You look fantastic. Thank you also for all of your helpful comments to me. It's been great having you along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations! you look great!aw must be great to be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did awesome! Lean AND mean! Congrats! Don't stop! Keep climbing.

    ReplyDelete