Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 82: Haribo Rescue

I had to eat some candy today.
I ate some delicious fish at lunch and got a fish bone stuck in the way back soft palate-y part of my mouth. Where it stabbed me at frequent, yet unforeseeable intervals for about 4 hours this afternoon. I tried drinking lots of water, forcefully swallowing yogurt, stabbing at it with a tiny spoon, until I made something bleed! eek! That's when I bought some yogurt gummis. They are clearly not so much yogurt, as pure sugar, but they have a lovely mushiness about them that you can shove around in the back of your mouth until it stabs the wayward fishbone and then you can swallow it whole.
Of course part of my suffering was during my German class. I learned how to say fishbone: Gräte, which I of course, instantly messed up by saying I had a Geräte in my throat. Geräte means gadgetry or hardware. Oh, this language learning is great, if only for the comedy I provide to others.

More on the German swimming pool experience to come.

4 comments:

  1. Nevermind that you had the fishbone stuck in your throat for 4 FREEKIN' HOURS! Its hilarious that you told your class that you had a wrench, or philips head screw driver, stuck in your throat, which after 4 hours that's probably what it felt like...I think we're going to have to expand the scope of our "German Gym Trial Membership" docu-drama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more like saying you had a remote control or household appliance stuck in your throat. Mmmmmm... dishwasher.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what did you have to google to get a manga of a Christian chipmunk being lassoed in the desert by a rabbit?

    ReplyDelete