Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 79: Squeezing in an Indulgence

It was really hot here today, so I did my workout before noon.
I finally bought my 'fitness' gloves, as they are called here, hopefully I can focus on the abs now instead of the blisters forming on my hands during Kung-Fu Sit-ups. Much hilarity in trying to ask the clerk if they were supposed to fit tightly... he looking me up in my skirt and tank top... me in halting German explaining that I need to use them for pull-ups... him looking at me skeptically... that is until I tried a dumbbell curl and shocked him with my awesome biceps!

But the real point of this post: INDULGENCE 3!!!

I almost didn't want to go for it. Since watery, veggie stuffs, and fruit, are the new loves of my life. But I figured sushi, a little white wine... oh, and of course an ice cream sundae... and perhaps a beer, would be delightful on this wonderfully warm day.
A delightful starter: glass noodles (salty!), cranberry juice mixed with mineral water, and white wine!

Asparagus tempura... too fried and drizzled with mayonnaise!

Sushi... to share. It's only 1000-calorie indulgence, after all.

The raspberry sundae and espresso macchiato.
The vanilla gelato was delicious. I didn't see the point of the whipped cream, clearly it was just in my way. The raspberries were delightfully tart. I will probably never eat this sundae again. And that's just fine.

Contemplating, post-sushi...

The final piece was a delightfully, refreshing Schneider Weisse .5L beer. The perfect accompaniment to a tense football match. Still feeling sad about Ghana's loss and the general malaise that accompanies my post-indulgence body. I feel kind of loogy. Slower, heavy... of course it is still really hot, so it's hard to tell which part of the evening is causing these feelings. I guess I expected to feel even worse. Perhaps because I spread this out over several hours... 5? I'm not feeling like I packed in the calories, though I certainly did. Maybe this is my warning about overconsumption in the future. You can still eat an awful lot, even if it takes a long time, it still adds up. Off to find an aspirin!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome international indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, sushi in Germany...outstanding! And nothing like milking the indulgence for 5 HOURS! Well done!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, my mouth is watering, hard-core.

    ReplyDelete