Sunday, April 18, 2010

Before 7am and already peaky!

The halfsies breakfasts continue. Dense bread and polenta with dried cherries. Yum.

I did my workout this morning. It made me feel more awake and I got to see the sunrise. Yay for Spring in Northern Europe!
I tried to muffle my jumping (I am on the 5th floor) by putting a little rug in the living room. Disaster! I kept tripping and probably made more noise for my sleeping neighbors. I guess I'll just keep living in fear of the knock on the door and some angry German about making too much noise during quiet hours.

So far with the workout I've figured out that:
  1. Music helps (why didn't I ever do lunges to tunes before?)
  2. It's okay to keep your knees on the floor in pushups if it means you can do 32 of them!
  3. Using a kids' jumprope is motivating and makes me smile
  4. My cat loves my sweaty smells at the end of the workout. I know this is both very nice and quite gross.




Have a good Day 5, Peakers!

4 comments:

  1. Stay with the mornings! I love morning workouts too, it really invigorates me.

    The carrot rope is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you feel guilty about making noise, remember that Germans turn into the loudest people as soon as spring begins. Have you already noticed all the sawing, mowing, trimming machines they love to use on beautiful Saturday mornings?
    I also jump on a little Ikea cotton carpet and it works very fine. It takes a little to get used to it but you won't trip after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Lili. My building seems to be made up mostly of Rentner, so they're still pretty quiet!

    ReplyDelete