Wednesday, April 21, 2010

500 Jumps: Yes, I Can!

Who knew?
Certainly not me on Day 1 as a struggled through far fewer. But seven days later, I can do sets of 101 at a time. Yay me! I'm really thinking this regularity of small bouts of exercise has something to it. Small bouts of push-ups still make me grumble a bit however.

I took Patrick's advice and indulged a bit in my last halfsies meal: mattar panir, murgh mushroom and a tiny beer. Though lots of German cuisine is pretty hefty, they are really good about portioning liquids. Thus ordering a .2 liter beer is not a problem. They even have appropriate-sized glasses!

I'm really curious about the new food plan. Is this where I eat lots of vegetables? Many egg whites? Will I need to give up coffee?

I'm already getting ready, having figured out how to use a pressure cooker for my lentils and ordering a steamer inset for it. Of course, I ordered the wrong one and had to call and ask if I could replace it for the correct size... but I did it, all in German! After 8 months here, any complete conversation I can have auf Deutsch, without stumbling back into English or a blank stare, is a major triumph.

Well, tomorrow makes Day 8, new foods and hopefully some visible changes to go along with the internal ones (when my pics go up). Hang tough, my Running Rats.

3 comments:

  1. Ah beer. The only thing that still gets me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm actually getting worse with the jumpropes. I started the project able to do 50 or so in a row, now I'm lucky to make 20.

    ReplyDelete